Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reflection 2/10/11

Since the initial miniature reflection, we have done a bit more. We came up with a treatment and script for a PSA for domestic violence. Everyone got involved in the writing process, be it with ideas or with grammar tips. I'm guessing we're actually going to film and produce this too. I liked seeing something like that develop so quickly and easily, then seeing people bring it back and edit it. Everyone was part of the creative process. Doc Chris was really effective in drawing the ideas out of us, which was fun. I'm more excited to learn about the editing process that Doc Chris is talking up so much. I love audio editing, and I'm excited to branch out into video editing.

We also got a little preview for the interview process. There is a formula for interview shows: intro, show opening, show close, outtro. That's something we really need to discuss in more detail for The Family, because I'm guessing that's the one show that we're not as familiar with. We've all seen plenty of commercials and PSAs (I've even produced some), but interview shows are more obscure.

I'm hoping that, in the next few minutes, we'll be able to narrow down our proposal options and focus our ideas so we have a better vision for what we'll be doing this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment