Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reflection 3/24/11 - Day Missed

Why wasn't I in class today?
Because I felt like the above picture. Take note that the picture is not actually of me, but of one of my musical idols when she was sick. Thought I'd work in some "pop" culture there.

I did follow along on Facebook, though. I found that we had Judge Doctor Chris Court, and I heard that J Smooth was really creative in his defense. I can't believe I missed it!

I'm also intrigued by the fact that Charlie Sheen is still coming up in class (and I'm really glad I missed any discussion about Rebecca Black's "Friday," because I'm so sick of that song, and we discussed it at length on my radio show last Monday, but, really, that was enough). I'm not entirely sure what the context was in this case, but I don't like the idea of rewarding celebrities for their endless stupidity with exactly what they want - attention. Charlie Sheen needs help, sure, and so he should get help. He should get help in private and actually try to fix himself up. What he's doing is fishing for attention; I think better PR would be for him to disappear now and reappear later after a decent amount of therapy. I'm not sure if this contributed at all to discussion, but that's just what I'm thinking about it right now!

As for the Family, we've contacted a few of our places and have yet to hear back. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment