Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reflection 3/31: My Favorites

I must say, this class was very fun. We went straight into the studio with Dr. Jay, who taught us a bunch of useful lighting techniques that I had a small background of already. What I didn't know was how free-form lighting can be. I thought it had to be one distinct type of structure. Dr. Jay also showed us how to frame a shot as well. Needless to say, I was extremely intrigued. The technical side of multimedia production is always my favorite. Even within the lecture-type setting, I felt like I was getting a hands-on type of experience.

Next, we went back into the lab and started working more on Final Cut Pro, a program that I am quickly learning to love. What can I say? Editing is my other favorite. We learned how to use slow motion effects and other visual effects to alter video. It inspired me to go out and shoot my own (however crappy) videos to edit and play around with on Final Cut once I get my new Flip camera in the mail. I am so excited. Dr. Jay told us at the end of class that we will be producing a music video soon too, which is a project that I had heard about in his class and always wanted to try, since music is my other favorite. (Below is a music video that I would have loved to produce!)



 




Dr. Jay was a really great instructor. He moved at a pace so that we were all able to work together and complete our work thoroughly and in a timely manner. He said that we were going to devote a lot more time in class to Final Cut, which I am really looking forward to. Onward to video! (See you this week, Doc Chris!)

No comments:

Post a Comment